The whole Weasley gathered around by the fireplace in the Burrow. Everyone is at peace and content because of the delicious and wholesome food Molly cooked up. Arthur decides to make a scrumptious vegan eggnog including dark rum! So incredibly delicious!
Yield: 4 witches (approx 750 ml)
24 hr soaking + cooling
10 min cooking time
1 cup of soaked cashews (overnight)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1/5 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp gingerbread spices
pinch of salt
1/4 cup vegan white chocolate, chopped
75 ml dark rum or bourbon
Toppings: coconut cream and ground cinnamon or stick, chopped hazelnuts and candied kumquats (all optional)
- Soak your cashews in cold water, overnight. If you do not have the time to soak them overnight. Boil the nuts for 30 minutes or soak in hot water for two hours. But overnight soaked nuts will give you the most silky texture and mouthfeel you desire.
- Add your cashews, almond milk, spices, syrup and extracts to your blender. Or bowl if you use a stick blender.
- Blend this mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Take a medium sized saucepan and pour your mixture into the pan with the heat on medium-low. Add your white chocolate so it can melt away.
- Whisk until everything is combined, then add your spirit to choice. Whisk until the mixture bubbles a little. And pour into a flask or bottle to cool down completely.
- Put into the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Serve the eggnog ice cold and with whipped coconut cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Dip the rim from the glasses in agave or maple syrup and then in your favorite crushed cookies. It gives the drink a magical and nostalgic touch.