PROFESSOR SPROUT'S CAULIFLOWER AND POTATOE SOUP 🌿 Goodday my fellow Witches and Wizards! It is time for Herbology Class! Earmuffs ready! Today I created a creamy and delicious cauliflower and potatoe soup with bay, my favorite dried herb blend, lemon and garlic. Garnished with a mini cauliflower steak, dill, spring onions, pesto, enoki mushrooms, radish sprouts and lots of love. I useally eat soups in the morning to get my day started. I have a lot of digestive problems and something warm and welcoming in the morning helps me a lot. Served with a sourdough baguette. All plantbased of course. As you guys may know I am obsessed with Herbology and later in life I wish to have my own greenhouse to grow my own produce. I have more than 60 plants in my small apartment and love to take care of them. Plants are friends!
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
Yield: 2 witches
🌿 1 small (yellow) cauliflower
🌿 2 small potatoes (floury)
🌿 3 x 0,5 tsp of dried oregano, basil and thyme
🌿 5 cloves of garlic
🌿 pinch of chiliflakes
🌿 1 tbsp vegan butter
🌿 2 bay leaves
🌿 2 spring onions (only white parts)
🌿 1 tsp Zwolsche Stoof, Jonnie Boer (dried Herb mix with tomato, nutmeg, coriander seed and paprika)
🌿 1 tbsp dijon mustard
🌿 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
🌿 juice of half a lime
🌿 600 ml water
🌿 3 tbsp oat cream
🌿 salt and pepper, to taste
- Start to cut your veggies first. Cube the potatoes and cut the cauliflower in small florets. Also take the leaves of the cauliflower, I used them for foodstyling later.
- Add a shot of olive oil and a tbsp of butter in a medium sized pan. Heat up slowly.
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower and white parts of the spring onions. Sprinkle some salt to get the veggies going.
- Fry off for five minutes before you add the dried spices.
- Add all the spices, garlic, bay leaves and lime juice.
- Let the flavours infuse and wake up into the hot pan. Scrape off any carmellized bits of the bottom of the pan, there is all the flavour.
- Throw in the apple cider vinegar to deglace the pan. Let the liquid evaporate and add the water.
- Boil on medium heat for ten minutes. The potatoes and cauliflower need to be very soft and tender before blending.
- Blend the soup until smooth with the oat cream. Have a taste, needs it more salt, pepper of lime juice?
- You can serve two generous bowls out of this recipe. Enjoy the magic!
- Green parts of the spring onions
- Enoki mushrooms
- Vegan pesto
- Fried cauliflower steak
- Hemp seeds
- Olive oil
- Fresh dill
Where can I find yellow cauliflower?
At local farmers market
Can I freeze this soup?
Yes you can!