Brunch is my favorite meal of the day. That in between food from breakfast and lunch combined is so good. And I love to make nice spreads so everyone can dig in and make their own sandwich. I created a cashew cream cheese with soaked cashew nuts, garlic, lemon zest and spring onions. Really easy to make and so good! Let me show you how to make it.
Yield: 4 witches
Ingredients for the cream cheese:
🐍 250 grams of soaked cashew nuts
🐍 zest and juice of one lemon
🐍 4 cloves of garlic
🐍 1 tsp dried oregano and thyme
🐍 60 ml oat or soy cream
🐍 2 spring onions
🐍 salt and pepper to taste
🐍 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
🐍 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
To serve: four freshly baked Artisan buns, avocado, rocket, olives, pumpkin seeds and roasted tomatoes
- Soak your cashew nuts overnight in cold water.
- After a night of soaking drain and rinse them once and add to your food processor or high speed blender.
- Add all the other ingredients to the mix and blend until smooth and creamy. Just like cream cheese. Always have a taste if it needs more lemon, spices or garlic.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 200 C. Roast cherry tomatoes with a shot of olive oil + salt and pepper. Roast for 13-15 minutes.
- When you want to serve the cream cheese, slice the spring onions and stir through. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and extra spring onions.