11 year old Harry Potter was with Hagrid at Paddington Station after a day shopping at Diagon Alley. A quick bite to eat before he goes to Hogwarts by train.
This recipe is:
- 100 % plantbased + vegan
- Easy to make
- For all burger lovers
Yield: for 1 hungry muggle
1 sesame bun
6 little gem lettuce leaves
1 mini bell pepper
2 slices of vegan cheese
100 grams of incredible mince meat (GardenGourmet)
1 tsp marmite
1/2 tsp of dijon mustard
1 tsp dried Italian herbs
6 slices of cucumber
2 tbsp vegan mayo
2 tsp picalilly
Pickled onions and radishes
3 button mushrooms
salt and pepper
50 grams of raw red cabbage (thinly sliced)
For the pickled veggie recipe you will need:
240 ml sushi vinegar
100 ml hot water
4 garlic cloves
6 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp chili flakes
1 star anise
4 tbsp sesame oil
2 cardamom pods
Then pick the veggies of your choice. In this case cucumber, radish and red onion would be really delicious with this burger. Use 1 onion. 120 grams of radishes and half a cucumber. Put in a jar and let that marinate overnight.
- First make your vegan patty for the burger. Take a small mixing bowl. Add the mince, mustard, italian herbs, marmite and salt + pepper to the mix. Combine with your hand and make the patty. Set aside.
- Fry off the mushrooms with a splash of oil in the pan. Until golden brown.
- Make the picallily mayo with a 1 tsp of pickle juice from the veggies and salt and pepper. Set aside as well.
- Clean and cut your remaining veggies for the burger so you have everything ready.
- Fry off the burger in a tbsp of vegan butter. The same pan you fried of the mushrooms.
- Cut your bun in half and lay each half with a slice of vegan cheese. Put under the grill into the oven until melted. Takes 2 minutes.
- Then you can assemble your burger. Here we go: Cheese, picalilly mayo, lettuce, bell pepper, pickled veggies, patty, some siracha mayo, more pickled veg. Mushrooms, lettuce, mayo, red cabbage, cheese and the top of the sesame bun. Squish it down a little and serve straight away.
Feel free to replace the veg for tomato or a gherkin if you prefer that.
I used the cheese from the brand Violife (not sponsored)
Can't find vegan mince? Make the black bean burger recipe, you can find the recipe in the search box.