This soup is for Champions and Friends
Yield: 6 witches
This recipe is:
- Durmstrang inspired
- Ultimate comfort food
- Cosy and filling
- Easy to make
- A little bit spicy
3 bell peppers ( red and green )
2 small carrots
4 sticks of celery
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 red onion
125 grams mushrooms
3 bay leaves
1 tsp dijon mustard
280 grams vegan 'mock pork'
1 tbsp harissa
3 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp dried oregano + thyme and basil
6 cloves of smoked garlic
1 tbsp finely diced parsley stalks
1 can diced tomatoes
6 x 400 ml veggie stock
2 tbsp dark molasses
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
Garnish: vegan cream cheese, beetroot shoots + sauerkraut, celery leaves, parsley, chili, grilled peppers, nigella seeds and fresh dill
and the nicest bread you can find. I used buckwheat bread with walnuts.
- Wash all your veggies and start with cutting them in different shapes and sizes.
- Heat up a large, heavy bottomed pan and add a shot of olive oil.
- Add your veggies to the pan. The peppers, carrot, onion, fennel and celery.
- fry off the mushrooms in another pan to get a beautiful brown colour.
- Always add a pinch of salt to the veggies.
- Fry off on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Stir in between. After you fried of the mushrooms, add them to the large pan.
- Now fry off the mock pork. Until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile add the spices + garlic cloves to the large pan. They awaken and your whole house starts to smell amazing.
- When the mock pork is golden, add to your large cauldron as well.
- Then take your harissa and mix through the veggies. Treat it as tomato paste it has to cook for a few minutes. Otherwise the taste stays sour.
- Now cut up your potatoes in big chunks or cubes and set aside.
- Add the parsley stalks and bay leaves
- Open your can of tomatoes and pour into the mix. Fill up the can six times with water and add 2 tbsp of veggie stock powder to the soup.
- Add the potatoe cubes now.
- Let it bubble away for half an hour to an hour. Without the lid of your pan. On medium to low heat.
- Add the molasses, salt, pepper, mustard and lemon juice and taste. Don't be afraid to add spice and flavour to the soup.
- Garnish and enjoy!
where do I get mock pork?
Most of the Asian supermarkets sell really amazing vegan pork products. If you cannot find it use seitan instead.
what is nigella seed?
Black cumin seeds
what is harissa?
A North-African chili paste with garlic, tomatoes and lots of spices