I love to eat a good burger from time to time. This is one packed with bold flavours and so tasty! A homemade black bean burger with delicious spices. Corn, tomatoes, vegan feta and my favorite: pomegranate seeds. Let me show you how to make it.
Yield: 2 witches
🍔 1/1,5 cups rinsed black beans
🍔 2 tsp smoked paprika
🍔 1 tsp Kala namak salt
🍔 2 tsp tandoori masala spices
🍔 2 tsp ground cumin
🍔 2 tsp dried oregano + thyme
🍔 1 drop of liquid smoke
🍔 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
🍔 4 big fat cloves of garlic
🍔 zest of one lemon
🍔 1/4 cup flour
🍔 1 tsp chilli paste
🍔 mustard, vegan mayo and ketchup
🍔 vegan feta (85 grams for two burgers)
🍔 1/2 cup corn
🍔 half a pomegranate
🍔 1 beef tomato
🍔 fried mushrooms and bell pepper
🍔 Turkish burger buns with sesame seeds (2)
- Start to make your burgers first. Add everything to a large mixing bowl. You do not need a food processor or masher, just use your hands.
- Mash the beans between your fingers until you have some beans completly mashed and some beans whole. You need to have some texture. Form two big patties and set aside in the fridge until you need it. Very ideal for meal prep as well!
- Toast your burger buns in a toaster, under the grill or in the pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- Leave the pan on the heat and add your slices of mushroom and bell pepper. Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Fry off until golden brown and set aside.
- Then you can fry your burgers in a little oil. 2 minutes on every side.
- Now build your burger: your favorite sauces on both sides of the buns. Sliced tomato and gherkins. Then the burger. Corn, vegan feta and all of the rest of the ingredients. Add the lid and squeeze down a little.
- Enjoy on it's own or with fries!