This heartwarming soup is perfect on a rainy afternoon with a hunk of bread and a drizzle of good quality olive oil. 🎃 Straight out Molly's Heartwarming Kitchen
Total time: 65 min
Magical Equipment: (stick)blender, big pan, wooden spoons, baking paper
Serves: 6 witches
1 butternut squash
6 cloves of garlic, whole
1 carrot, diced
2 shallots, finely diced
1 sprig of fresh sage
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
8 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1,5 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 tsp mixed Italian dried herbs
0,5 tsp ground chili or flakes
1 bay leaf
100 ml coconut milk
1 litre vegetable stock
2 tbsp Samhain Wytchwood syrup (maple syrup)
juice and zest of 1 lemon + 1 orange
salt and pepper to taste
Extra: garnish with pumpkin seeds, extra virgin olive oil, oat cream, edible flowers and fresh parsley
Magical Method 🎃
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Peel and cube the pumpkin.
3. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Add the garlic cloves (whole) to roast alongside the veg.
5. Roast for 45 minutes.
6. Meanwhile grab a large pan and put on medium-high heat.
7. Add the diced carrots + shallots and fry off until translucent. TIP: Always add a pinch of salt and pepper.
8. Grate in the ginger and stir until fragrant.
9. Add in all the herbs and spices and turn the heat a little down.
10. If you need more olive oil, add a tsp to activate the spices and flavours.
11. Add the roasted pumpkin and garlic to the pan and let all the spices coat the pumpkin.
12. Pour in the stock and coconut milk and stir until combined.
13. Sweeten the soup with maple syrup.
14. For freshness add the zest and juice of a lemon and orange.
15. Let the soup bubble away for 15-20 minutes.
16. Remove the bay leaf and use a (stick) blender to blend the soup to a silky smooth texture.
17. Season with salt and pepper.
18. Garnish with edible flowers and herbs.
19. Serve with bread, olive oil and vegan butter to spread
ENJOY THE MAGIC