Rocky road fudge! The most beautiful way to use up your favorite sweets and treats in one bite full. I went for dark and bitter chocolate, ginger nuts, cranberries and so much more. A wonderful and festive treat to share with your loved ones but also perfect as a food gift!
Equipment: square baking tin (20 cm), spatula, cling film
This recipe is:
- SO EASY TO MAKE
- ONE BOWL METHOD
- PERFECT AS AN EDIBLE FOOD GIFT
500 grams of dark chocolate (good quality)
6 ginger nut cookies (crumbled)
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup vegan dulche de leche or coconut condensed milk
zest of 1 orange
pinch of salt
1 tsp gingerbread spices
1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts
Toppings: pecans, shredded coconut, your favorite cookie and vegan sprinkles (all crumbled up)
- Prepare your square tin with two lines of cling film and set aside.
- Take a medium sized sauce pan and fill with 1/3 of water.
- Grab a heat proof bowl and put on the pan. The water and the bowl cannot touch each other. Otherwise the chocolate over heats and becomes grainy. We want to have silky smooth chocolate.
- Break up your chocolate and add in the butter and dulche de leche.
- Stir occasionally with a spatula until everything is melted together.
- Meanwhile grab another bowl and crumble your cookies and add all the other ingredients in there.
- Pour in your chocolate fudge and mix in until combined.
- Add the rocky road mixture to your lined tin and push down with the back of your spatula.
- Sprinkle over your toppings and push down again
- Let this delight set into the fridge for at least 2 hours but best overnight.
- Slice into squares and present on a festive plate or pack up as a festive food gift!