RITA'S silky mousse
I am Rita Skeeter and Today I wrote a recipe for Magical Food Department. Me, myself and I wanted to know if I could make a healthy dessert that lurks between your rosy cheeks. What makes a good dessert tick? Well... this one ticks all the broom cupboard boxes.
A mousse made with perfectly ripe avocado's, coconut cream, lime zest and kiwi. Scented with vanilla, matcha and a touch of spirulina to keep you sharp. Topped with passionfruit because writing is my passion, you see I already have the story in my head before it is written. I think everyone loves a Rebel. And of course in the picture you can see my Animagus form. A beetle. This is my little secret but this is how I get to the most juicy news. If they do not notice I am there to listen what they have to say, they are more honest and authentic. But ssssssttttt... do not say a word to anyone out there. Hermoine already tried to expose my sassy ass.
This recipe is:
- Healthy treat
- Especially for avocado lovers
- Easy to make
- Can be made in advance for parties or gatherings
Yield: 3 small teacups
2 baby avocado's (ready to eat)
1 ripe kiwi (+ extra for garnish)
1 can of vegan whipping cream (400 gr) NaturesCharm
zest and juice of 1 lime
1,5 tsp spirulina powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp green matcha powder
pinch of salt
- kiwi, cut into triangles or make little balls.
- mint leaves
Equipment: blender and handmixer
- Put your can of coconut whipping cream in the fridge overnight. Then it whisks perfectly.
- Take a large mixing bowl, add a tsp of vanilla extract in there and scoop out the indulgent cream from the can and whip until fluffy. Takes around 5 minutes.
- Put your kiwi in a blender along with the matcha, maple syrup, spirulina, juice of the lime and the avocado's.
- Blend until smooth.
- Mix the green magic mixture through the whipped cream and grate in some lime zest to finish. Always add a small pinch of salt to enhance the flavours.
- Put the mousse in teacups or other dishes of your choice and let it set for one hour. You can eat it straight away but I found the mousse more velvet like when it had been in the fridge. Garnish with your mint and fruit.