Today on my festive winter menu: Mini gingerbread and treacle bundt cakes. Heavenly scented with ginger, gingerbread spices, treacle and lemon zest. An absolute favorite of Harry Potter himself. Although I love recreating and veganizing Wizarding World recipes and treats, I decided to make these cute mini bundt cakes instead because they are incredibly easy to make. Just mixing everything in one bowl and Bob is your uncle. While I was making the set up for this recipe I had 'Harry in Winter' playing on the background. Seeing Harry walking through Hogwarts in the snow. Snowy owls everywhere it made me year up. December is always an emotional month for me. I go so deep in my reflections and feelings I experienced this year and I heard this song live during Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in concert. Memories showed themselves and with those memories and feelings I was abel to create this today. In full Christmas spirit of course. These bundt cakes are wonderful to share with your friends and family during the Holiday season. Served with powdered sugar (looks so beautiful and looks like snow) or with a glug of maple syrup on the top. Or some I decorated with candied ginger. Best enjoyed with a hot chocolate or a delicious cup of tea.
These bundt cakes are:
- Can be GF
- Perfect for the festive season
- HP favorite flavours
Yield: 24 mini bundt cakes
⚡ 1 cup of almond milk
⚡ 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
⚡ 1 tbsp coffee brandy of choice
⚡ 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
⚡ 1 cup maple syrup
⚡ 1 tbsp molasses (dark)
⚡ 2 tsp candied ginger in syrup
⚡ zest of 1 lemon
⚡6 tbsp applesauce
⚡ 2 cups of flour (you can use gluten free as well)
⚡ 3 tsp baking powder
⚡ 1,5 tbsp gingerbread spices
⚡ pinch of salt
⚡ 1 tsp ground ginger
powdered sugar for garnish (for the snowy effect)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. I used a sillicone baking bundt cake mold. They are really easy in use and getting them out perfectly. Lightly grease everytime you bake these bundt cakes off.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add all your dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre and add all the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- The batter is rather liquid but that is totally fine. Then you will have very moist bundt cakes at the end.
- Bake them for 21 minutes. Open the oven once while baking to let out the steam.
- Let them cool for a minute in the molds and then tip them out and they are ready.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar or favorite syrup.
🧙♀️ Swap out the lemon zest for clementine zest
🧙♀️ These bundt cakes are lovely with ice cream or coconut cream
🧙♀️ Do not overbake, they easily will dry out
🧙♀️ Keep the bundt cakes in the fridge to store. Approx. Three days