Straight from the Burrow and from Molly's Kitchen: a beautiful and humble apple and plum crumble. Deliciously spiced with a crispy oat and nutty topping. Best served with ice cream or oat cream.
This crumble is:
- Inspired by Molly Weasley
- Incredibly easy to make
- Budget friendly
- British classic with a witchy twist
Yield: 6 witches
I choose a variety of different apples because it gives your crumble the ultimate apple experience, texturen and flavour. Bramley apples stew down, the plums become jammy. The granny smiths are sour and crisp and the pink lady holds it shape and nice and sweet.
Apple and plum filling:
🍎 2 Pink Lady apples
🍎 2 Granny Smith apples
🍎 4 Bramley apples
🍎 2 plums
🍎 1 thumb size piece of ginger (grated)
🍎 zest of one orange + juice of half
🍎 juice of half a lime
🍎 2 tsp cinnamon
🍎 1,5 tsp 13 spice blend (Chinese)
🍎 1 tsp ground cardamom
🍎 1 tsp vanilla extract
🍎 1/2 cup coconut sugar
🥧 1 cup of vegan butter
🥧 1 cup almond flour
🥧 1 cup of oats
🥧 1 cup white flour
🥧 1 cup coconut sugar
🥧 pinch of salt + cinnamon
🥧 75 grams of chopped hazelnuts
🌱 mint leaves
🌱 edible flowers
🌱 pommegranate seeds
- First grease (with vegan butter) your 28 cm cast iron pan or cake tin. I love to make this recipe in a cast iron pan because I can make the filling and only have to put the crumble on top and then straight into the oven, so easy!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel your plums and apples. Cut and Core. I cut them into quarters.
- Add everything to the pan along with the spices and flavourings.
- Stew on medium heat until a little soft. 5 minutes is more than enough. Stir occaissionally.
- Then start on your crumble mix. So easy. Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and rub between your fingers until it feels like wet sand.
- Put the crumble over the stewed apples and bang in the oven for 30 minutes until golden, crispy and delicious.
- Garnish with mint, flowers and pommegranate seeds.
- Best served warm with ice or oat cream.
- Replace the white flour with gluten free flour, like rice flour
- Can be eaten for breakfast with some vegan yoghurt and maple syrup drizzled over the top
- Swap out the plums for your favorite berries, can be frozen or fresh