Butterbeer cookies! Cookies that are crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. Spiced with ground ginger and cinnamon. Vanilla tones. And topped with sticky caramel sauce and candied ginger. And there is no Butterbeer cookie without rum and I even found some cute sprinkles in Butterbeer colours. And most of all they are super easy to make but they require a little bit of time. Let me show you how to make it!
These cookies are:
- A real treat
- One bowl method
- Perfect treat to share with magical friends, family or muggles
Yield: 19 cookies
🍪 310 grams of flour
🍪 3/4 tsp baking soda
🍪 200 grams of lightbrown sugar
🍪 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
🍪 120 ml sunflower oil
🍪 1 tsp rum extract
🍪 zest of a lemon
🍪 75 ml cold water
🍪 1 tsp baking powder
🍪 pinch of salt
🍪 1 tsp ground ginger and cinnamon
Extra: 1 cup super fine chopped hazelnuts and sprinkles or choice + 1/4 cup candied ginger in syrup
For the Additional caramel sauce on top of the cookies look for my Butterbeer Granola Recipe.
- First before you start... this cookie dough recipe needs to firm up in the fridge OVERNIGHT.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add your dry ingredients first.
- Make a little well in the middle and add the wet ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon to mix. The dough looks weird at this point but that is totally fine. That is why it needs to firm up overnight in cling film.
- The next day you preheat your oven to 170 C. And line your baking sheet with baking paper.
- Take your cooking dough out of the fridge and roll them into ping pong size balls. Roll them into the sprinkles and chopped hazelnuts. Transfer the balls to a lined plate and put them in the freezer for 10 minutes. So they can firm up and do not spread to much.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes. Golden and crisp on the outside and crispy in the middle. To make them super indulgent add a piece of candied ginger and caramel sauce on top. Serve with your favorite plantmilk, vegan butterbeer or tea.
- Wear gloves to roll out your cookie dough. The dough is a bit oily and they roll super easy when you wear them.
- Do NOT skip the step that the balls go in the freezer. Otherwise your cookies spread too much.
- If you are a Dare devil try to swap out the water for cream soda.