It is time to make some easy but delicious blondies with coffee brandy, cardamom, vanilla, pecans and dark chocolate chips. When I hear the word brandy, I immediatly think about Aunt Marge saying to her dog: "Do you want a little drop of brandy?". And that is what I did. But to gooey blondie batter. Let me show you how to make it.
These Brandy blondies are:
- One bowl method
- Easy to make
- Fun to share with friends and family/or muggles
- Perfect for fall baking
🌰 2 cups of flour
🌰 1 tsp baking powder
🌰 1 + 1/4 cups of lightbrown sugar
🌰 1,5 tsp vanilla extract
🌰 1 cup applesauce with cinnamon
🌰 2 tsp five spice
🌰 200 gr vegan butter
🌰 1 tbsp coffee brandy
🌰 pinch of hibiscus salt (regular salt is fine, this witch is extra)
🌰 half a cup of vegan dark chocolate chips + extra for topping
🌰 1 cup of chopped pecans + extra for topping
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp brandy
2 tsp sticky toffee sauce (see Sticky Banana Toffee Cake on my blog)
Pinch of gold edible glitter (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. And line your square brownie baking tin with a little bit of melted vegan butter and baking paper. Just to make sure.
- Take a big bowl and add your dry ingredients first. Mix around with a whisk so all the lumbs are out.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. On a low heat.
- Add the wet ingredients to the batter. A long with the chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Mix the batter until just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter.
- Add the batter to the baking tin. Sprinkle over your leftover pecans and chocolate chips and bake off for 25-30 minutes. It will be a shame to overcook the batter because then you are left with a cake. Let cool completely and meanwhile make the caramel icing.
- Mix all the icing ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and pour over the brownies when you want to serve them.