This recipe is dedicated to my favorite Autumn drink: Chai Latte and to Parvati Patil from the HP series. In the Yule Ball scène when she danced with Harry makes me laugh and give me all the feels at the same time. So I had create some magical Indian vibes and dark purple and gold was my go to for the styling. And things got very exciting when that mirror came to play. Back to the food... this banana bread is:
- One bowl method
- Easy to make
- Great as breakfast or dessert with some ice cream
- Absolute treat
- Perfect for Autumn
🍌 160 grams of flour
🍌 1 tbsp cornstarch
🍌 1 tsp baking powder + baking soda
🍌 115 grams of organic sugar
🍌 1 tsp ground cardamom
🍌 2 tsp ground cinnamon
🍌 2 tsp of 13 spices (found at Asian supermarket)
🧂 pinch of salt
🍌 1 vanilla pod
🍌 2 organic Chai Tea bags
🍌 2 banana's + 1 for on top of the bread
🍌 100 ml oat cream
🍌 75 ml sunflower oil
🍌 juice of half a lime and the zest of the whole lime
🍌 50 grams of mango pulp
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees. And line your bread/cake tin with baking paper.
- Take two mixing bowls. Weigh out the wet and the dry ingredients.
- Take a small saucepan and add your scraped vanilla pod, two Chai Tea bags and the oat cream. Warm up slightly and let the tea steep for 7 minutes.
- Mash the banana's with a fork and and all the other wet ingredients to the bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with spatula. Do NOT over mix the batter, just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the batter to the bread tin. Add mango pulp to the top and swirl around with a fork. Add the halved banana you saved for garnish. And for a special toach I added some Hibiscus salt on top.
- Bake your banana bread for 40-50 minutes. Please do not overbake. This bread is incredibly moist and delicious when baked properly.
Add 50 grams of cacao powder instead of the mango pulp and chocolate chips on top of the bread, if you are a chocolate freak.
Add some nuts to the batter for some crunch
Orange zest works also great instead of lime