WELCOME TO KOWALSKI’S BAKERY✨ • when I first saw the Bakery scene in Fantastic Beasts I cried my eyes out 😭🤣 the soundtrack, the bakery interior and the baked goods of course. Everything Jacob ever wanted. It really hits home. I had a little bakery in my Mother’s garden back in the days. That was my first foodie dream to have a bakery. It is the nostalgia with a touch of drama from my part that I adore Jacob’s character and how it showcases such with grace and pride on the screen. Also I was in a major baking mood today so I merged my worlds together and created a beautiful sticky banana cake 🍌🍌🍌 served with a coconut caramel sauce! And almonds and vegan white chocolate on the top! OMG this is sooooooo good! 🙌🏼 I think Kowalski would be proud of me 😊
For one 20 cm cake:
- 2 ripe bananas + one for garnish
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1,5 tsp gingerbread spices
- pinch of cinnamon (to taste)
- pinch of salt
- chia egg / 3 tbsp (small) of chia seeds with 6 tbsp of water (let sit for 3 minutes and you have yourself an egg subsitute)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 grams of vegan white chocolate
- 1,5 tsp baking powder and soda
- zest of 1 lime and juice of half
- 1/2 melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp oat milk
Preheat your oven to 180. This is an super easy one bowl method so bake a long! First mash up your bananas with a fork or potatoe masher. Add all the spices and wet ingredients. And whisk until combined and a little bit emulsified/creamy. Add the zest of the lime. Add the flour in 3 bathes to prevent big lumbs. Grease your cake tin, put the batter inside and decorate the cake with banana slices and bake until golden brown (30 minutes). Let cool on a rack and make the caramel sauce in the time being.
- 165 ml coconut milk (can)
- 1/2 cup lightbrown sugar
- cinnamon and sea salt to taste
Add all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan and set on medium to low heat. Let the mixture come to a BUBBLE and stir around. Set to low after 5 minutes and simmer for 10 minutes until thick and gorgeous!
Toppings: almonds and white chocolate shaves
Enjoy the magic!