are you in the beyond? i think you are....
Warm scones and a perfect cup of tea never gets old. These scones are made with banana and blueberries. A classic combination with extra blueberry glaze drizzled on top.
THIS RECIPE IS:
* VEGAN + DAIRY-FREE
* EASY TO MAKE
* PERFECT FOR WEEKEND MORNINGS
2,5 cups of flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
juice + zest of one lime
0,5 tsp ground cinnamon
0,5 tbsp vegan butter
1 mashed banana
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp blueberry juice or water (use blueberry powder instead)
0,5 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Take a large mixing bowl and put all the weighed dry ingredients in the bowl. Then zest in the beautiful and fragrant from the lime and mix with a fork or whisk.
- Mash your banana and set aside. And preheat your oven to 200 degrees, hot air.
- Melt your coconut oil and let it cool before you add this to the scone dough.
- Add the vegan butter in cold cubes to the dry ingredients and rub between your fingers. When there are appearing clumbs everywhere then it is well distributed. Now you can add your vanilla, mashed banana, juice of 1 lime and coconut oil. Mix with a spatula first and when the ingredients form a ball of dough then you can take it over with your hands.
- Last but not least add your blueberries. Do not over knead your dough because then the gluten get stretched. You don't want that. You want a shortbread like dough, hardly touched. Then the scones come out crispy and flaky.
- Roll the dough out in a cillinder shape. About 16 cm in diameter. Cut your scones like a pizza in triangles (8) and lay them on a lined baking sheet with paper.
- Brush your scones with coconut oil, melted butter or a little bit of plant milk. All will work fine.
- Bake the scones for 22-24 minutes or until golden brown and beautiful. Keep an eye on them while baking. Every oven is so different.
- Meanwhile mix your glaze with a whisk until lumb free and glossy.
- Eat the scones while warm with some vegan butter and a gorgeous cup of tea.