wELCOME TO THE THREE BROOMSTICKS
A gorgeous fluffly pancake with all the flavours and feelings of butterbeer, made by Madam Rosmerta
Yield: For 6 hungry witches
This recipe is:
- easy to make
- ultimate pancake recipe
- gluten free
- for the whole family
For the vegan 'egg' part:
2 tbsp easy vegan egg mixture
7 tbsp of filtered water
8 grams of vanilla sugar
8 grams of baking powder
1/2 tsp rum extract + vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup of carmellized almond milk
2 tbsp coconut sugar
pinch of salt
2 cups of oat flour
Extra: a splash of vegan almond Baileys
4 sticky bananas fried in vegan butter with 1 tbsp coconut sugar
Coconut butterscotch sauce from NaturesCharm
Dried banana chips
- First make your oat flour. Take 2 cups of small oats and blend until a fine flour in the blender or food processor. Set aside for later.
- Then make your vegan egg mixture. Take a large mixing bowl and mix in the easy vegan egg with the water. Whisk until fluffy. Takes 2 minutes. Then add all the dry ingredients.
- When everything is a little bit coated, pour in the almond milk. Mix until combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in a cast iron pan and preheat the pan in the oven. Mine was on 180 degrees.
- Add a splash of baileys and rum extract for the extra kick if you would like to the batter.
- When the cast iron pan had 10 minutes in the oven. You can add your pancake batter. Be careful for splattering from the hot oil.
- Bake the Dutch Baby Pancake for 35 min. Until golden, fluffy and gorgeous.
- Meanwhile carmellize some ripe bananas in a pan with a tbsp of vegan butter and coconut sugar.
- I used two whole bananas for garnish and the other two mashed up in a compote and added that on top. Drizzle with butterscotch sauce, sprinkle over the raisins and butterbeer sprinkles and you can enjoy the magic!
Can't find the coconut butterscotch sauce? Make your own. You can find the recipe under my Butterbeer Cookie Recipe.
If you do not have a easy egg mix. Use 4 tbsp of applesauce. That makes the pancake moist and binds it together. Or 1 regular ripe banana.
Use gingerbread spices instead of ground cinnamon
Use rum instead of Baileys in the batter
Add a tbsp of vegan butter on top of the pancake when it just came out of the oven