Goodday my fellow Witches and Wizards! A game changer in your breakfast repertoire. Semi-healthy breakfast donuts with cereal flavour. and white almond butter frosting. Let's get started!
Extra equipment: spatula, mixing bowl and donut baking tray
Yield: 8 donuts
This recipe is:
- Breakfast game changer
- One bowl method + easy to make
- Perfect for weekends
- For all the cereal lovers
- First make vegan cereal 'buttermilk'. Combine the lemon juice, 1/2 cup of cereal and almond milk. Let that soak for fifteen minutes.
- Strain the milk and set aside for later. Throw away the soaked cereal.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the dry ingredients first.
- Make a little well in the centre and add your cereal milk and other wet ingredients.
- Mix around with a spatula. When the batter is smooth and combined, add a 1/2 cup of cereal. And optional spices.
- Put some melted butter in your donut pan so they do not stick after baking.
- Pour in the batter, fill up 1/3, do not overfill the donut tray otherwise they won't come out beautiful.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix some vanilla extract through the almond butter and dip the cooled donuts in.
- Sprinkle over the cereal and you can enjoy your breakfast donut!
1 cup almond milk
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2 x 1/2 cup plain and sugar-free cornflakes ( garnish not included )
1/2 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
2 tbsp melted vegan butter
2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup of flour of choice (I used self raising flower, if you are going to use Gluten Free flour add 1 tsp of baking powder to the batter)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Optional: 1 tsp cinnamon or gingerbread spices
250 grams of white almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract