Goodday my fellow Witches and Wizards! Welcome at the Burrow. The love nest as I recall it sometimes. It is such a loving family home. With that in mind I created this lovely breakfast for everyone to enjoy. I used purslane for some extra greens. Three types of tofu (for the ultimate 'egg' experience and some delicious bread and juice on the side. let's begin!
yield: 4 witches, wizards or muggles
This recipe is:
- perfect for weekend breakfast/brunch
- easy to make
- crowd pleaser
- even better than a 'real omelette'
400 grams silken tofu
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp kala namak salt (black lava salt, gives your omelette a real eggy taste)
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp nutmeg mix with dried tomato powder (you can use normal nutmeg instead)
1/4 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp oat milk
4 pieces fried tofu
2 tbsp diced white onion
3 cups purslane
1/2 tbsp firm tofu
59 grams of vegan mozzarella
Garnish: cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, purslane and cress.
Before you start: preheat your oven to 200 degrees and make sure you have an cast iron pan or a baking tin (23 cm) that can go into the oven. And a blender is much needed in this recipe.
- First make your omelette batter. Blend up the silken tofu, nooch yeast, cornstarch, spices, oat milk and mustard. blend until smooth and add the 1/4 tsp of olive oil along with salt and pepper to taste. You can taste the batter because it is not raw egg. Adjust the flavours to your liking.
- Take your favorite pan and heat up on the stove on medium-heat.
- Add a little bit of olive oil and swirl around.
- Sprinkle in the purslane and the diced onions. It is just like spinach it will wilt down a lot.
- After 3 minutes add the cloves of garlic. Also at this stage add salt and pepper to taste.
- Move the purslane around and put the pieces evenly around the pan.
- Pour over the omelette batter and sprinkle over the firm tofu, fried tofu and vegan cheese.
- Finish in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with your favorites and enjoy!