Goodday my fellow Witches and Wizards! I have been looking for magical breakfast items during christmas. We all now that at the breakfast table there are served staples like pixie puffs or cheery owls. And I wanted to add my own magic to the Hogwarts table. I created a Christmas Granola with so much magic: rolled oats, golden raisins, almonds, dried cranberries, freeze dried raspberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut, dried apple and gingerbread spices, oh and a hint of lemon zest all covered in smoky maple syrup and pommegranate syrup. I am sure I am forgetting a few ingredients but you get the idea! So much festive vibes going on. And the most fun of all is that you can jar this granola up in in a beautiful jar. Put a nice tag in it and you have a incredible gift for your friends and family. Inspired by the Wizarding World. There a many different ways you can enjoy this amazing granola. Straight out of the jar to snack on. With plantbased yoghurt and a delicious fruit compote. Pour over some milk and you have a very delicious cerial replacement. On top of pancakes, the limits are endless. I am going to pack some up for my friends and family.
This Christmas granola is:
🌱 Vegan and cruelty free
🌱 Nice as a food gift
Yield: 6 filled jam jars
🍎 2 cups rolled jumbo oats
🍎 1 tbsp gingerbread spices
🍎 1/4 cup shredded coconut
🍎 75 grams pistachio nuts
🍎 75 grams almonds
🍎 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
🍎 1 tsp ground ginger
🍎 1 tsp ground cinnamon
🍎 pinch of salt
🍎 1 tbsp golden raisins
🍎 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
🍎 1/2 cup dried cranberries
🍎 1/2 dried apple pieces
🍎 100 grams of glazed and dried cherries (we call it glace in the Netherlands)
🍎 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
🍎 1 tbsp coconut oil
🍎 1/4 cup pommegranate syrup
🍎 1/2 maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Line your baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients first. Only the oats, spices and nuts. The dried fruits and glace will burn in the oven so they will be added after baking.
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple and pommegranate syrup.
- Stir until everything is well coated.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- After ten minutes open the oven and stir the granola around with a spatula so everything gets crispy and baked.
- Let cool completely after baking and then add the dried apple, cranberries, raisins, sour cherries, freeze dried raspberries and glace.
- I added a extra cup of shredded coconut after baking because it looks like snow but you can leave that step out and jar them up and give them as gift.
🧙♀️ add some extra lemon zest of clementine zest for freshness
🧙♀️ use any dried fruit you like. Dried apricots or figs are also great in this recipe
🧙♀️ great to serve with plant or nutmilk. Even chocolate milk. Plantbased yoghurt. Ice Cream or your favorite pancakes