Butterbeer is one of my favorite magical beverages! I could drink it every day (vegan version of course). I analyzed the flavours and the spices of Butterbeer and I created a whimsical breakfast version. Super indulgent but so delicious.
This recipe is:
- Perfect for caramel lovers
- Fall approved
- Super cute to give in a jar as a gift
Butterbeer granola ingredients:
🍺 2 cups jumbo rolled oats
🍺 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
🍺 60 grams of pecans
🍺 1 tsp ground ginger
🍺 2 tsp ground cinnamon
🍺 3 tsp gingerbread or pumpkin spice
🍺 pinch of salt
🍺 3 handfuls of golden sultana raisins (add after baking)
🍺 330 ml of full fat coconut milk (from the can)
🍺 2 cups organic coconut sugar
🍺 1 tsp vanilla extract
🍺 1 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
🍺 1 tsp agave syrup or maple
🍺 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
🍺 1 tsp rum (extract)
IF you want to make a parfait. Then read further...
Buy the most tasty vanilla plantbased yoghurt you can find. Stir in 2 tbsp of the caramel coconut sauce through the yoghurt. ADD the granola on top and pour more caramel goodness over the top.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Prepare your baking sheet with reusable parchment paper or the actual paper. And set aside for later.
- Take a small sauce pan and add the coconut milk and sugar in the pan. Stir occaissionally and let the sauce bubble away for 5 minutes. On medium heat or even low, you do not want anything to burn. After 5 minutes check how thick the sauce is. It should be thicker as maple syrup. Like a butterscotch. The sauce will thicken up while cooling down. Pour the caramel sauce into a bowl while you get on with the granola.
- Add to a large mixing bowl all your dry ingredients. 1 cup of the cooled caramel sauce. The melted coconut oil. Tahini and the rum. You have more than plenty leftover caramel sauce so get pouring it over pancakes, ice cream and so much more.
- Mix until fully combined with a wooden spoon and add the mixture to your baking sheet. Spread out evenly and bake for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes stir everything around so every piece gets crispy. Let the granola cool completely before serving.
- Add your raisins and pecans after baking because they could burn in the oven.
- Et voilá, you made beautiful and delicious granola!